Activity Leader Volunteer
The Steps to Change project works towards improving the wellbeing of over 55’s by supporting change through weekly physical activity.
We offer a range of activities for those affected by alcohol, drug and gambling, including family, friends and carers.
We are looking for reliable and confident volunteers to support these activities and people to make positive change …. and have fun!
- Identifying activity opportunities within the community
- Supporting participants in attending activities
- Setting up and running activity sessions
- Befriending and supporting older people
Skills & Qualities required:
- Interest in physical activity based pursuits
- Good communication skills
- Be non-judgemental
- Understand the need for confidentiality
- Be reliable
- Ability to use own initiative but able to ask for help when you need
- Professional but friendly manner
- Skills relating to a specific activity (optional)
- Gain experience volunteering for a non-profit organisation
- Opportunity to meet new people
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills while supporting people into physical activity
- Build confidence