Asset Transfers: Opportunity or Liability?
In February 2015 the Foundation became a preferred supplier of land and property advice to the Charity Commission.
Charities and community groups are increasingly choosing to take on asset transfers from local authorities as a means of acquiring property. However without proper management, any property is at risk of becoming a liability, with unforeseen costs and unexpected problems putting strain on organisations which are often already overworked.
This training is designed to give a jargon free, accessible introduction and overview of how to make asset transfers a success:
• How taking on an asset can benefit your organisation
• How to engage with local authorities
• Business planning to assess the viability and sustainability of taking on community buildings
• Legal structures and governance issues to consider when considering taking on community buildings
• Identifying ‘hidden’ hazards or responsibilities: what are you ACTUALLY taking on
• Common mistakes and how to deal with them
• Lessons from others
Property Advice Clinic
The half day training session will be followed by a property advice clinic to give you the chance to have a 20 minute session with one of our advisers on an individual basis.
134 Edmund St
Birmingham, B3 2ES